- Advanced search
Unless otherwise stated all data on this page refer to the human proteins. Gene information is provided for human (Hs), mouse (Mm) and rat (Rn).
The family of sugar-phosphate exchangers pass particular phosphorylated sugars across intracellular membranes, exchanging for inorganic phosphate. Of the family of sugar phosphate transporters, most information is available on SPX4, the glucose-6-phosphate transporter. This is a 10 TM domain protein with cytoplasmic termini and is associated with the endoplasmic reticulum, with tissue-specific splice variation.
* Key recommended reading is highlighted with an asterisk
* Bartoloni L, Antonarakis SE. (2004) The human sugar-phosphate/phosphate exchanger family SLC37. Pflugers Arch., 447 (5): 780-3. [PMID:12811562]
* Chou JY, Mansfield BC. (2014) The SLC37 family of sugar-phosphate/phosphate exchangers. Curr Top Membr, 73: 357-82. [PMID:24745989]
* Chou JY, Sik Jun H, Mansfield BC. (2013) The SLC37 family of phosphate-linked sugar phosphate antiporters. Mol. Aspects Med., 34 (2-3): 601-11. [PMID:23506893]
1. Almqvist J, Huang Y, Hovmöller S, Wang DN. (2004) Homology modeling of the human microsomal glucose 6-phosphate transporter explains the mutations that cause the glycogen storage disease type Ib. Biochemistry, 43 (29): 9289-97. [PMID:15260472]
2. Charkoudian LK, Farrella BP, Khosla C. (2012) Natural product inhibitors of glucose-6-phosphate translocase. MedChemComm., 3 (8): 926-931.
3. Chen SY, Pan CJ, Nandigama K, Mansfield BC, Ambudkar SV, Chou JY. (2008) The glucose-6-phosphate transporter is a phosphate-linked antiporter deficient in glycogen storage disease type Ib and Ic. FASEB J., 22 (7): 2206-13. [PMID:18337460]
4. Pan CJ, Chen SY, Jun HS, Lin SR, Mansfield BC, Chou JY. (2011) SLC37A1 and SLC37A2 are phosphate-linked, glucose-6-phosphate antiporters. PLoS ONE, 6 (9): e23157. [PMID:21949678]
Database page citation:
SLC37 family of phosphosugar/phosphate exchangers. Accessed on 02/07/2016. IUPHAR/BPS Guide to PHARMACOLOGY, http://www.guidetopharmacology.org/GRAC/FamilyDisplayForward?familyId=224.
Concise Guide to PHARMACOLOGY citation:
Alexander SPH, Kelly E, Marrion N, Peters JA, Benson HE, Faccenda E, Pawson AJ, Sharman JL, Southan C, Davies JA and CGTP Collaborators (2015) The Concise Guide to PHARMACOLOGY 2015/16: Transporters. Br J Pharmacol. 172: 6110-6202.