- Advanced search
- Immuno Portal
- Malaria Portal
Synonyms: Hu5A8 | ibalizumab-uiyk | TMB-355 | TMB355 | TNX-355 | Trogarzo®
ibalizumab is an approved drug (FDA (2018), EMA (2019))
Compound class: Antibody
Comment: Ibalizumab was originally reported as anti-CD4 monoclonal antibody 5A8 by Burkly et al. (1992 ) . It is a non-immunosuppressive, humanised monoclonal antibody that acts as an HIV entry inhibitor [2,4]. Anti-HIV activity of TNX-355 (later to be assigned the INN ibalizumab) in patients was reported in 2004 .
Annotated peptide sequences for this antibody are available from its IMGT/mAb-DB record.
1. Burkly LC, Olson D, Shapiro R, Winkler G, Rosa JJ, Thomas DW, Williams C, Chisholm P. (1992)
Inhibition of HIV infection by a novel CD4 domain 2-specific monoclonal antibody. Dissecting the basis for its inhibitory effect on HIV-induced cell fusion.
J. Immunol., 149 (5): 1779-87. [PMID:1380539]
2. Duan LW, Zhang H, Zhao MT, Sun JX, Chen WL, Lin JP, Liu XQ. (2017)
A non-canonical binding interface in the crystal structure of HIV-1 gp120 core in complex with CD4.
Sci Rep, 7: 46733. [PMID:28429756]
3. Emu B, Fessel J, Schrader S, Kumar P, Richmond G, Win S, Weinheimer S, Marsolais C, Lewis S. (2018)
Phase 3 Study of Ibalizumab for Multidrug-Resistant HIV-1.
N. Engl. J. Med., 379 (7): 645-654. [PMID:30110589]
4. Iacob SA, Iacob DG. (2017)
Ibalizumab Targeting CD4 Receptors, An Emerging Molecule in HIV Therapy.
Front Microbiol, 8: 2323. [PMID:29230203]
5. Kuritzkes DR, Jacobson J, Powderly WG, Godofsky E, DeJesus E, Haas F, Reimann KA, Larson JL, Yarbough PO, Curt V et al.. (2004)
Antiretroviral activity of the anti-CD4 monoclonal antibody TNX-355 in patients infected with HIV type 1.
J. Infect. Dis., 189 (2): 286-91. [PMID:14722894]