- Advanced search
- Immuno Portal
- Malaria Portal
Synonyms: Blincyto® | bscCD19xCD3 | MEDI-538 | MT-103 | MT103 
blinatumomab is an approved drug (FDA (2014), EMA (2015))
Compound class: Antibody
Comment: Blinatumomab is a monoclonal antibody with anti-cancer effects. Its mechanism of action classifies this antibody as a member of the bi-specific T-cell engager (BiTE®) group of engineered antibodies. It was the first biologic of this class to gain clinical approval.
Annotated peptide sequences for this antibody are available from its IMGT/mAb-DB record.
Ligand Activity Visualisation Charts
These are box plot that provide a unique visualisation, summarising all the activity data for a ligand taken from ChEMBL and GtoPdb across multiple targets and species. Click on a plot to see the median, interquartile range, low and high data points. A value of zero indicates that no data are available. A separate chart is created for each target, and where possible the algorithm tries to merge ChEMBL and GtoPdb targets by matching them on name and UniProt accession, for each available species. However, please note that inconsistency in naming of targets may lead to data for the same target being reported across multiple charts.✖
1. Aldoss I, Bargou RC, Nagorsen D, Friberg GR, Baeuerle PA, Forman SJ. (2017)
Redirecting T cells to eradicate B-cell acute lymphoblastic leukemia: bispecific T-cell engagers and chimeric antigen receptors.
Leukemia, 31 (4): 777-787. [PMID:28028314]
2. Brischwein K, Parr L, Pflanz S, Volkland J, Lumsden J, Klinger M, Locher M, Hammond SA, Kiener P, Kufer P et al.. (2007)
Strictly target cell-dependent activation of T cells by bispecific single-chain antibody constructs of the BiTE class.
J. Immunother., 30 (8): 798-807. [PMID:18049331]
3. Dreier T, Lorenczewski G, Brandl C, Hoffmann P, Syring U, Hanakam F, Kufer P, Riethmuller G, Bargou R, Baeuerle PA. (2002)
Extremely potent, rapid and costimulation-independent cytotoxic T-cell response against lymphoma cells catalyzed by a single-chain bispecific antibody.
Int. J. Cancer, 100 (6): 690-7. [PMID:12209608]
4. Gökbuget N, Dombret H, Bonifacio M, Reichle A, Graux C, Faul C, Diedrich H, Topp MS, Brüggemann M, Horst HA et al.. (2018)
Blinatumomab for minimal residual disease in adults with B-cell precursor acute lymphoblastic leukemia.
Blood, 131 (14): 1522-1531. [PMID:29358182]
5. Kufer P, Lutterbuse R, Kohleisen B, Zeman S, Bauerle P. (2009)
Single chain antibody construct comprising binding domains specific for human CD3 and human CD19.
Patent number: US7635472. Assignee: Micromet Ag. Priority date: 31/05/2003. Publication date: 22/12/2009.
6. Mølhøj M, Crommer S, Brischwein K, Rau D, Sriskandarajah M, Hoffmann P, Kufer P, Hofmeister R, Baeuerle PA. (2007)
CD19-/CD3-bispecific antibody of the BiTE class is far superior to tandem diabody with respect to redirected tumor cell lysis.
Mol. Immunol., 44 (8): 1935-43. [PMID:17083975]
7. Slaney CY, Wang P, Darcy PK, Kershaw MH. (2018)
CARs versus BiTEs: A Comparison between T Cell-Redirection Strategies for Cancer Treatment.
Cancer Discov, 8 (8): 924-934. [PMID:30012854]