- Advanced search
- Immuno Portal
- Malaria Portal
Synonyms: MPDL3280A | Tecentriq®
atezolizumab is an approved drug (FDA (2016), EMA (2017))
Compound class: Antibody
Comment: Atezolizumab (MPDL3280A) is a monoclonal antibody directed against programmed death-1 ligand-1 (PD-L1, aka CD274), an important immunopharmacological drug discovery target in immuno-oncology.
Peptide sequence and structural information for this antibody are available from its IMGT/mAb-db record. Peptide sequence analysis using the light chain variable region of atezolizumab provides a 100% match to sequence 21 from patent US8217149. An X-ray crystal structure of the PD-L1/atezolizumab complex has been submitted to the RCSB PDB (accession 5X8L) .
1. Horn L, Mansfield AS, Szczęsna A, Havel L, Krzakowski M, Hochmair MJ, Huemer F, Losonczy G, Johnson ML, Nishio M et al.. (2018)
First-Line Atezolizumab plus Chemotherapy in Extensive-Stage Small-Cell Lung Cancer.
N Engl J Med, 379 (23): 2220-2229. [PMID:30280641]
2. Irving B, Chiu H, Maecker H, Mariathasan S, Lehar SM, Wu Y, Cheung J. (2012)
Anti-PD-L1 antibodies, compositions and articles of manufacture.
Patent number: US8217149. Assignee: Genentech, Inc.. Priority date: 09/12/2008. Publication date: 10/07/2012.
3. Lee HT, Lee JY, Lim H, Lee SH, Moon YJ, Pyo HJ, Ryu SE, Shin W, Heo YS. (2017)
Molecular mechanism of PD-1/PD-L1 blockade via anti-PD-L1 antibodies atezolizumab and durvalumab.
Sci Rep, 7 (1): 5532. [PMID:28717238]
4. Pardoll DM. (2012)
The blockade of immune checkpoints in cancer immunotherapy.
Nat Rev Cancer, 12 (4): 252-64. [PMID:22437870]
5. Rittmeyer A, Barlesi F, Waterkamp D, Park K, Ciardiello F, von Pawel J, Gadgeel SM, Hida T, Kowalski DM, Dols MC et al.. (2017)
Atezolizumab versus docetaxel in patients with previously treated non-small-cell lung cancer (OAK): a phase 3, open-label, multicentre randomised controlled trial.
Lancet, 389 (10066): 255-265. [PMID:27979383]
6. Socinski MA, Jotte RM, Cappuzzo F, Orlandi F, Stroyakovskiy D, Nogami N, Rodríguez-Abreu D, Moro-Sibilot D, Thomas CA, Barlesi F et al.. (2018)
Atezolizumab for First-Line Treatment of Metastatic Nonsquamous NSCLC.
N Engl J Med, 378 (24): 2288-2301. [PMID:29863955]
7. Topalian SL, Drake CG, Pardoll DM. (2015)
Immune checkpoint blockade: a common denominator approach to cancer therapy.
Cancer Cell, 27 (4): 450-61. [PMID:25858804]