- Advanced search
- Immuno Portal
- Malaria Portal
Synonyms: Kevzara® | REGN88 | SAR153191
sarilumab is an approved drug (EMA & FDA (2017))
Compound class: Antibody
Comment: Sarilumab is a monoclonal antibody directed against the interleukin 6 receptor (IL6R).
Peptide sequence and structural information for this antibody are available from its IMGT/mAb-db record. Peptide sequence BLAST search using the heavy and light chain variable regions of sarilumab provides 100% matches to sequences covered by patent US7582298 , and to the antibody with designation VQ8F11-21.
Ligand Activity Visualisation Charts
These are box plot that provide a unique visualisation, summarising all the activity data for a ligand taken from ChEMBL and GtoPdb across multiple targets and species. Click on a plot to see the median, interquartile range, low and high data points. A value of zero indicates that no data are available. A separate chart is created for each target, and where possible the algorithm tries to merge ChEMBL and GtoPdb targets by matching them on name and UniProt accession, for each available species. However, please note that inconsistency in naming of targets may lead to data for the same target being reported across multiple charts.✖
1. Boyapati A, Msihid J, Fiore S, van Adelsberg J, Graham NM, Hamilton JD. (2016)
Sarilumab plus methotrexate suppresses circulating biomarkers of bone resorption and synovial damage in patients with rheumatoid arthritis and inadequate response to methotrexate: a biomarker study of MOBILITY.
Arthritis Res. Ther., 18 (1): 225. [PMID:27716324]
2. Burmester GR, Lin Y, Patel R, van Adelsberg J, Mangan EK, Graham NM, van Hoogstraten H, Bauer D, Ignacio Vargas J, Lee EB. (2017)
Efficacy and safety of sarilumab monotherapy versus adalimumab monotherapy for the treatment of patients with active rheumatoid arthritis (MONARCH): a randomised, double-blind, parallel-group phase III trial.
Ann. Rheum. Dis., 76 (5): 840-847. [PMID:27856432]
3. Della-Torre E, Campochiaro C, Cavalli G, De Luca G, Napolitano A, La Marca S, Boffini N, Da Prat V, Di Terlizzi G, Lanzillotta M et al.. (2020)
Interleukin-6 blockade with sarilumab in severe COVID-19 pneumonia with systemic hyperinflammation: an open-label cohort study.
Ann Rheum Dis, 79 (10): 1277-1285. [PMID:32620597]
4. Stevens S, Huang TT, Martin JH, Fairhurst JL, Rafique A, Smith E, Pobursky KJ, Papadopoulos NJ, Fandl JP, Chen G et al.. (2009)
High affinity antibodies to human IL-6 receptor.
Patent number: US7582298. Assignee: Regeneron Pharmaceuticals, Inc.. Priority date: 02/06/2006. Publication date: 01/09/2009.
5. Strand V, Reaney M, Chen CI, Proudfoot CW, Guillonneau S, Bauer D, Mangan E, Graham NM, van Hoogstraten H, Lin Y et al.. (2017)
Sarilumab improves patient-reported outcomes in rheumatoid arthritis patients with inadequate response/intolerance to tumour necrosis factor inhibitors.
RMD Open, 3 (1): e000416. [PMID:28326189]