- Advanced search
- Immuno Portal
- Malaria Portal
Synonyms: (±)-isradipine | DynaCirc® | PN-200-110 | Prescal®
isradipine is an approved drug (FDA (1990))
Compound class: Synthetic organic
Comment: The approved drug isradipine is a racemic mixture of (+)-isradipine and (-)-isradipine. We show the non-stereo molecule to represent the mixture.
Ligand Activity Visualisation Charts
These are box plot that provide a unique visualisation, summarising all the activity data for a ligand taken from ChEMBL and GtoPdb across multiple targets and species. Click on a plot to see the median, interquartile range, low and high data points. A value of zero indicates that no data are available. A separate chart is created for each target, and where possible the algorithm tries to merge ChEMBL and GtoPdb targets by matching them on name and UniProt accession, for each available species. However, please note that inconsistency in naming of targets may lead to data for the same target being reported across multiple charts.✖
View more information in the IUPHAR Pharmacology Education Project: isradipine
1. Baumann L, Gerstner A, Zong X, Biel M, Wahl-Schott C. (2004)
Functional characterization of the L-type Ca2+ channel Cav1.4alpha1 from mouse retina.
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci, 45 (2): 708-13. [PMID:14744918]
2. Koschak A, Reimer D, Huber I, Grabner M, Glossmann H, Engel J, Striessnig J. (2001)
alpha 1D (Cav1.3) subunits can form l-type Ca2+ channels activating at negative voltages.
J Biol Chem, 276 (25): 22100-6. [PMID:11285265]
3. Koschak A, Reimer D, Walter D, Hoda JC, Heinzle T, Grabner M, Striessnig J. (2003)
Cav1.4alpha1 subunits can form slowly inactivating dihydropyridine-sensitive L-type Ca2+ channels lacking Ca2+-dependent inactivation.
J Neurosci, 23 (14): 6041-9. [PMID:12853422]
4. Ortner NJ, Bock G, Dougalis A, Kharitonova M, Duda J, Hess S, Tuluc P, Pomberger T, Stefanova N, Pitterl F et al.. (2017)
Lower Affinity of Isradipine for L-Type Ca2+ Channels during Substantia Nigra Dopamine Neuron-Like Activity: Implications for Neuroprotection in Parkinson's Disease.
J Neurosci, 37 (28): 6761-6777. [PMID:28592699]
5. Sinnegger-Brauns MJ, Hetzenauer A, Huber IG, Renström E, Wietzorrek G, Berjukov S, Cavalli M, Walter D, Koschak A, Waldschütz R et al.. (2004)
Isoform-specific regulation of mood behavior and pancreatic beta cell and cardiovascular function by L-type Ca 2+ channels.
J Clin Invest, 113 (10): 1430-9. [PMID:15146240]
6. Sinnegger-Brauns MJ, Huber IG, Koschak A, Wild C, Obermair GJ, Einzinger U, Hoda JC, Sartori SB, Striessnig J. (2009)
Expression and 1,4-dihydropyridine-binding properties of brain L-type calcium channel isoforms.
Mol Pharmacol, 75 (2): 407-14. [PMID:19029287]