- Advanced search
- Immuno Portal
- Malaria Portal
Synonyms: Beleodaq® | PXD-101 | PXD101
belinostat is an approved drug (FDA (2014))
Compound class: Synthetic organic
Ligand Activity Visualisation Charts
These are box plot that provide a unique visualisation, summarising all the activity data for a ligand taken from ChEMBL and GtoPdb across multiple targets and species. Click on a plot to see the median, interquartile range, low and high data points. A value of zero indicates that no data are available. A separate chart is created for each target, and where possible the algorithm tries to merge ChEMBL and GtoPdb targets by matching them on name and UniProt accession, for each available species. However, please note that inconsistency in naming of targets may lead to data for the same target being reported across multiple charts.✖
View more information in the IUPHAR Pharmacology Education Project: belinostat
1. Bradner JE, West N, Grachan ML, Greenberg EF, Haggarty SJ, Warnow T, Mazitschek R. (2010)
Chemical phylogenetics of histone deacetylases.
Nat Chem Biol, 6 (3): 238-243. [PMID:20139990]
2. Buckley MT, Yoon J, Yee H, Chiriboga L, Liebes L, Ara G, Qian X, Bajorin DF, Sun TT, Wu XR et al.. (2007)
The histone deacetylase inhibitor belinostat (PXD101) suppresses bladder cancer cell growth in vitro and in vivo.
J Transl Med, 5: 49. [PMID:17935615]
3. Khan N, Jeffers M, Kumar S, Hackett C, Boldog F, Khramtsov N, Qian X, Mills E, Berghs SC, Carey N et al.. (2008)
Determination of the class and isoform selectivity of small-molecule histone deacetylase inhibitors.
Biochem J, 409 (2): 581-9. [PMID:17868033]
4. Plumb JA, Finn PW, Williams RJ, Bandara MJ, Romero MR, Watkins CJ, La Thangue NB, Brown R. (2003)
Pharmacodynamic response and inhibition of growth of human tumor xenografts by the novel histone deacetylase inhibitor PXD101.
Mol Cancer Ther, 2 (8): 721-8. [PMID:12939461]
5. Qian X, LaRochelle WJ, Ara G, Wu F, Petersen KD, Thougaard A, Sehested M, Lichenstein HS, Jeffers M. (2006)
Activity of PXD101, a histone deacetylase inhibitor, in preclinical ovarian cancer studies.
Mol Cancer Ther, 5 (8): 2086-95. [PMID:16928830]
6. Savickiene J, Treigyte G, Valiuliene G, Stirblyte I, Navakauskiene R. (2014)
Epigenetic and molecular mechanisms underlying the antileukemic activity of the histone deacetylase inhibitor belinostat in human acute promyelocytic leukemia cells.
Anticancer Drugs, 25 (8): 938-49. [PMID:24800886]