- Advanced search
- Immuno Portal
- Malaria Portal
Synonyms: GC33 | RG-7686 | RG7686 | RO-5137382 | RO5137382
Compound class: Antibody
Comment: Codrituzumab is the first-in-class, recombinant, humanized monoclonal antibody which binds to glypican-3 (GPC3). GPC3 is an oncofetal protein highly expressed in hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) cells [1,4-5]. The anti-GPC3 antibody has been modified to carry fewer fucose sugar chains with the aim of increasing its cytotoxic activity, and therefore improving its inhibitory effect on cell growth, providing an enhanced anticancer agent.
Peptide sequence information for this antibody is available from its IMGT/mAb-DB record. Peptide sequence match identifies US7867734 as the covering patent .
1. Liu X, Wang SK, Zhang K, Zhang H, Pan Q, Liu Z, Pan H, Xue L, Yen Y, Chu PG. (2015)
Expression of glypican 3 enriches hepatocellular carcinoma development-related genes and associates with carcinogenesis in cirrhotic livers.
Carcinogenesis, 36 (2): 232-42. [PMID:25542894]
2. Nakano K, Ishiguro T, Konishi H, Tanaka M, Sugimoto M, Sugo I, Igawa T, Tsunoda H, Kinoshita Y, Habu K et al.. (2010)
Generation of a humanized anti-glypican 3 antibody by CDR grafting and stability optimization.
Anticancer Drugs, 21 (10): 907-16. [PMID:20847643]
3. Nakano K, Sugo I, Sugimoto M, Ishiguro T, Tanaka M, Iijima S. (2011)
Anti-glypican 3 antibody having modified sugar chain.
Patent number: US7867734 B2. Assignee: Chugai Pharmaceutical Co Ltd.. Priority date: 26/10/2004. Publication date: 11/01/2011.
4. Wu Y, Liu H, Weng H, Zhang X, Li P, Fan CL, Li B, Dong PL, Li L, Dooley S et al.. (2015)
Glypican-3 promotes epithelial-mesenchymal transition of hepatocellular carcinoma cells through ERK signaling pathway.
Int J Oncol, 46 (3): 1275-85. [PMID:25572615]
5. Yao M, Pan LH, Yao DF. (2015)
Glypican-3 as a specific biomarker for hepatocellular carcinoma.
HBPD INT, 14 (2): 122-3. [PMID:25865682]