- Advanced search
- Immuno Portal
- Malaria Portal
Synonyms: JNJ 39758979 | JNJ39758979
Compound class: Synthetic organic
Comment: JNJ-39758979 is a selective histamine H4 receptor antagonist  with anti-inflammatory potential.
Ligand Activity Visualisation Charts
These are box plot that provide a unique visualisation, summarising all the activity data for a ligand taken from ChEMBL and GtoPdb across multiple targets and species. Click on a plot to see the median, interquartile range, low and high data points. A value of zero indicates that no data are available. A separate chart is created for each target, and where possible the algorithm tries to merge ChEMBL and GtoPdb targets by matching them on name and UniProt accession, for each available species. However, please note that inconsistency in naming of targets may lead to data for the same target being reported across multiple charts.✖
1. Kollmeier A, Francke K, Chen B, Dunford PJ, Greenspan AJ, Xia Y, Xu XL, Zhou B, Thurmond RL. (2014)
The histamine H₄ receptor antagonist, JNJ 39758979, is effective in reducing histamine-induced pruritus in a randomized clinical study in healthy subjects.
J Pharmacol Exp Ther, 350 (1): 181-7. [PMID:24817035]
2. Murata Y, Song M, Kikuchi H, Hisamichi K, Xu XL, Greenspan A, Kato M, Chiou CF, Kato T, Guzzo C et al.. (2015)
Phase 2a, randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled, multicenter, parallel-group study of a H4 R-antagonist (JNJ-39758979) in Japanese adults with moderate atopic dermatitis.
J Dermatol, 42 (2): 129-39. [PMID:25491792]
3. Panula P, Chazot PL, Cowart M, Gutzmer R, Leurs R, Liu WL, Stark H, Thurmond RL, Haas HL. (2015)
International Union of Basic and Clinical Pharmacology. XCVIII. Histamine Receptors.
Pharmacol Rev, 67 (3): 601-55. [PMID:26084539]
4. Savall BM, Chavez F, Tays K, Dunford PJ, Cowden JM, Hack MD, Wolin RL, Thurmond RL, Edwards JP. (2014)
Discovery and SAR of 6-alkyl-2,4-diaminopyrimidines as histamine H₄ receptor antagonists.
J Med Chem, 57 (6): 2429-39. [PMID:24495018]
5. Thurmond RL, Chen B, Dunford PJ, Greenspan AJ, Karlsson L, La D, Ward P, Xu XL. (2014)
Clinical and preclinical characterization of the histamine H(4) receptor antagonist JNJ-39758979.
J Pharmacol Exp Ther, 349 (2): 176-84. [PMID:24549371]