- Advanced search
- Immuno Portal
- Malaria Portal
Synonyms: MgTx | potassium channel toxin α-KTx 2.2
Compound class: Peptide or derivative
Comment: From Centruroides margaritatus (Scorpion)
Ligand Activity Visualisation Charts
These are box plot that provide a unique visualisation, summarising all the activity data for a ligand taken from ChEMBL and GtoPdb across multiple targets and species. Click on a plot to see the median, interquartile range, low and high data points. A value of zero indicates that no data are available. A separate chart is created for each target, and where possible the algorithm tries to merge ChEMBL and GtoPdb targets by matching them on name and UniProt accession, for each available species. However, please note that inconsistency in naming of targets may lead to data for the same target being reported across multiple charts.✖
1. Bartok A, Toth A, Somodi S, Szanto TG, Hajdu P, Panyi G, Varga Z. (2014)
Margatoxin is a non-selective inhibitor of human Kv1.3 K+ channels.
Toxicon, 87: 6-16. [PMID:24878374]
2. Garcia-Calvo M, Leonard RJ, Novick J, Stevens SP, Schmalhofer W, Kaczorowski GJ, Garcia ML. (1993)
Purification, characterization, and biosynthesis of margatoxin, a component of Centruroides margaritatus venom that selectively inhibits voltage-dependent potassium channels.
J Biol Chem, 268 (25): 18866-74. [PMID:8360176]
3. Ghanshani S, Wulff H, Miller MJ, Rohm H, Neben A, Gutman GA, Cahalan MD, Chandy KG. (2000)
Up-regulation of the IKCa1 potassium channel during T-cell activation. Molecular mechanism and functional consequences.
J Biol Chem, 275 (47): 37137-49. [PMID:10961988]
4. Kalman K, Nguyen A, Tseng-Crank J, Dukes ID, Chandy G, Hustad CM, Copeland NG, Jenkins NA, Mohrenweiser H, Brandriff B et al.. (1998)
Genomic organization, chromosomal localization, tissue distribution, and biophysical characterization of a novel mammalian Shaker-related voltage-gated potassium channel, Kv1.7.
J Biol Chem, 273 (10): 5851-7. [PMID:9488722]
5. Koch RO, Wanner SG, Koschak A, Hanner M, Schwarzer C, Kaczorowski GJ, Slaughter RS, Garcia ML, Knaus HG. (1997)
Complex subunit assembly of neuronal voltage-gated K+ channels. Basis for high-affinity toxin interactions and pharmacology.
J Biol Chem, 272 (44): 27577-81. [PMID:9346893]