- Advanced search
- Immuno Portal
- Malaria Portal
Abbreviated name: TUDA
Synonyms: tauroursodeoxycholate | taurursodiol | TUDCA | UR 906 | ursodoxicoltaurine (INN)
Compound class: Metabolite or derivative
Comment: Tauroursodeoxycholic acid (TUDCA) is a conjugated bile acid derivative. Evidence suggests that it acts as a chemical chaperone and facilitates protein folding within the endoplasmic reticulum .
Ligand Activity Visualisation Charts
These are box plot that provide a unique visualisation, summarising all the activity data for a ligand taken from ChEMBL and GtoPdb across multiple targets and species. Click on a plot to see the median, interquartile range, low and high data points. A value of zero indicates that no data are available. A separate chart is created for each target, and where possible the algorithm tries to merge ChEMBL and GtoPdb targets by matching them on name and UniProt accession, for each available species. However, please note that inconsistency in naming of targets may lead to data for the same target being reported across multiple charts.✖
1. Cao SS, Zimmermann EM, Chuang BM, Song B, Nwokoye A, Wilkinson JE, Eaton KA, Kaufman RJ. (2013)
The unfolded protein response and chemical chaperones reduce protein misfolding and colitis in mice.
Gastroenterology, 144 (5): 989-1000.e6. [PMID:23336977]
2. Meier PJ, Eckhardt U, Schroeder A, Hagenbuch B, Stieger B. (1997)
Substrate specificity of sinusoidal bile acid and organic anion uptake systems in rat and human liver.
Hepatology, 26 (6): 1667-77. [PMID:9398014]
3. Paganoni S, Hendrix S, Dickson SP, Knowlton N, Macklin EA, Berry JD, Elliott MA, Maiser S, Karam C, Caress JB et al.. (2021)
Long-term survival of participants in the CENTAUR trial of sodium phenylbutyrate-taurursodiol in amyotrophic lateral sclerosis.
Muscle Nerve, 63 (1): 31-39. [PMID:33063909]
4. Paganoni S, Macklin EA, Hendrix S, Berry JD, Elliott MA, Maiser S, Karam C, Caress JB, Owegi MA, Quick A et al.. (2020)
Trial of Sodium Phenylbutyrate-Taurursodiol for Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis.
N Engl J Med, 383 (10): 919-930. [PMID:32877582]
5. Wang W, Zhao J, Gui W, Sun D, Dai H, Xiao L, Chu H, Du F, Zhu Q, Schnabl B et al.. (2018)
Tauroursodeoxycholic acid inhibits intestinal inflammation and barrier disruption in mice with non-alcoholic fatty liver disease.
Br J Pharmacol, 175 (3): 469-484. [PMID:29139555]
6. Zangerolamo L, Vettorazzi JF, Rosa LRO, Carneiro EM, Barbosa HCL. (2021)
The bile acid TUDCA and neurodegenerative disorders: An overview.
Life Sci, 272: 119252. [PMID:33636170]