- Advanced search
- Immuno Portal
- Malaria Portal
Synonyms: Multaq® | SR-33598B
dronedarone is an approved drug (FDA and EMA (2009))
Compound class: Synthetic organic
Comment: Dronedarone is a class III antiarrhythmic drug. It is a noniodinated analogue of amiodarone. The marketed formulation contains the hydrochloride salt (PubChem CID 219025).
Ligand Activity Visualisation Charts
These are box plot that provide a unique visualisation, summarising all the activity data for a ligand taken from ChEMBL and GtoPdb across multiple targets and species. Click on a plot to see the median, interquartile range, low and high data points. A value of zero indicates that no data are available. A separate chart is created for each target, and where possible the algorithm tries to merge ChEMBL and GtoPdb targets by matching them on name and UniProt accession, for each available species. However, please note that inconsistency in naming of targets may lead to data for the same target being reported across multiple charts.✖
View more information in the IUPHAR Pharmacology Education Project: dronedarone
1. Bogdan R, Goegelein H, Ruetten H. (2011)
Effect of dronedarone on Na+, Ca2+ and HCN channels.
Naunyn Schmiedebergs Arch. Pharmacol., 383 (4): 347-56. [PMID:21279331]
2. Guo X, Ma X, Yang Q, Xu J, Huang L, Jia J, Shan J, Liu L, Chen W, Chu H et al.. (2014)
Discovery of 1-aryloxyethyl piperazine derivatives as Kv1.5 potassium channel inhibitors (part I).
Eur J Med Chem, 81: 89-94. [PMID:24824064]
3. Gómez R, Caballero R, Barana A, Amorós I, De Palm SH, Matamoros M, Núñez M, Pérez-Hernández M, Iriepa I, Tamargo J et al.. (2014)
Structural basis of drugs that increase cardiac inward rectifier Kir2.1 currents.
Cardiovasc. Res., 104 (2): 337-46. [PMID:25205296]
4. Sobrado LF, Varone BB, Machado AD, Nearing BD, Zeng D, Belardinelli L, Verrier RL. (2013)
Dronedarone's inhibition of If current is the primary mechanism responsible for its bradycardic effect.
J. Cardiovasc. Electrophysiol., 24 (8): 914-8. [PMID:23647933]
5. Verrier RL, Sobrado MF, Pagotto VP, Kanas AF, Machado AD, Varone BB, Sobrado LF, Nearing BD, Zeng D, Belardinelli L. (2013)
Inhibition of I(f) in the atrioventricular node as a mechanism for dronedarone's reduction in ventricular rate during atrial fibrillation.
Heart Rhythm, 10 (11): 1692-7. [PMID:23933296]
6. Xynogalos P, Seyler C, Scherer D, Koepple C, Scholz EP, Thomas D, Katus HA, Zitron E. (2014)
Class III antiarrhythmic drug dronedarone inhibits cardiac inwardly rectifying Kir2.1 channels through binding at residue E224.
Naunyn Schmiedebergs Arch. Pharmacol., 387 (12): 1153-61. [PMID:25182566]