- Advanced search
- Immuno Portal
- Malaria Portal
Synonyms: compound 1 [PMID: 25793650] | MR31147 
Compound class: Synthetic organic
Comment: Donecopride is a small molecule that exhibits potent dual actions as an acetylcholinesterase (AChE) inhibitor and as a partial 5-HT4 receptor agonist . It is a hybrid molecule that combines structural components from the AChE inhibitor donepezil, and the 5-HT4 agonist RS 67333  . Donecopride is predicted to provide a combination of symptomatic and disease-modifying effects that are considered to offer therapeutic utility in Alzheimer's disease [3,5].
Ligand Activity Visualisation Charts
These are box plot that provide a unique visualisation, summarising all the activity data for a ligand taken from ChEMBL and GtoPdb across multiple targets and species. Click on a plot to see the median, interquartile range, low and high data points. A value of zero indicates that no data are available. A separate chart is created for each target, and where possible the algorithm tries to merge ChEMBL and GtoPdb targets by matching them on name and UniProt accession, for each available species. However, please note that inconsistency in naming of targets may lead to data for the same target being reported across multiple charts.✖
1. Eglen RM, Bonhaus DW, Johnson LG, Leung E, Clark RD. (1995)
Pharmacological characterization of two novel and potent 5-HT4 receptor agonists, RS 67333 and RS 67506, in vitro and in vivo.
Br J Pharmacol, 115 (8): 1387-92. [PMID:8564196]
2. Lecoutey C, Hedou D, Freret T, Giannoni P, Gaven F, Since M, Bouet V, Ballandonne C, Corvaisier S, Malzert Fréon A et al.. (2014)
Design of donecopride, a dual serotonin subtype 4 receptor agonist/acetylcholinesterase inhibitor with potential interest for Alzheimer's disease treatment.
Proc Natl Acad Sci USA, 111 (36): E3825-30. [PMID:25157130]
3. Lecoutey C, Rochais C, Genest D, Butt-Gueulle S, Ballandonne C, Corvaisier S, Dulin F, Lepailleur A, Sopkova-de Oliveira Santos J, Dallemagne P. (2012)
Synthesis of dual AChE/5-HT4 receptor multi-target directed ligands.
Medchemcomm, 3 (5): 627-634. DOI: 10.1039/C2MD20063E
4. Rochais C, Lecoutey C, Gaven F, Giannoni P, Hamidouche K, Hedou D, Dubost E, Genest D, Yahiaoui S, Freret T et al.. (2015)
Novel multitarget-directed ligands (MTDLs) with acetylcholinesterase (AChE) inhibitory and serotonergic subtype 4 receptor (5-HT4R) agonist activities as potential agents against Alzheimer's disease: the design of donecopride.
J Med Chem, 58 (7): 3172-87. [PMID:25793650]
5. Rochais C, Lecoutey C, Hamidouche K, Giannoni P, Gaven F, Cem E, Mignani S, Baranger K, Freret T, Bockaert J et al.. (2020)
Donecopride, a Swiss army knife with potential against Alzheimer's disease.
Br J Pharmacol, 177 (9): 1988-2005. [PMID:31881553]